To manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas and to provide hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
In fulfilling our mission, we will:
- Be a recognized national leader in implementing effective natural resources conservation and outdoor recreational programs;
- Serve the state of Texas, its citizens, and our employees with the highest standards of service, professionalism, fairness, courtesy, and respect;
- Rely on the best available science to guide our conservation decisions;
- Responsibly manage agency finances and appropriations to ensure the most efficient and effective use of tax-payer and user fee resources;
- Attract and retain the best, brightest, and most talented workforce to successfully execute our mission.