Contacts by Division
State Parks Division
The State Parks Division is comprised of nearly 1,300 employees. Approximately 90% of these are field employees.
The Division's primary responsibility is stewardship for over 600,000 acres, at 95 sites across the state. The state is divided into six administrative regions each having a Regional Director responsible for management oversight of 15 - 20 state parks, as well as community relations and political coordination within that region. Organizationally, these directors report to the State Parks Division Director.
The Division Headquarters organization consists of twelve program areas that provide guidance and support for field operations.
- The Budget and Procurement group develops and monitors the personnel and operating budgets. They also collect Division statistics such as park visitation, system acreage, etc. and provide purchasing assistance to the field.
- The Business Management group coordinates and manages the concessions operations in state parks, as well as provides training and reference documents for accounting procedures within the parks.
- The Cultural Resources program provides guidance and assistance in cultural resource management and compliance with regulations such as the Texas Antiquities Code. The program also operates the archeology lab which houses artifacts removed from park sites and must be stored in accordance with strict legal standards.
- The Customer Service Center operates a full service call center, handing all reservations for parks in the system, as well as fielding public information calls and other services.
- The Natural Resources program provides guidance and assistance in natural resource management, restoration and compliance with environmental laws.
- Historic Sites and Structures provides guidance for the care of historic structures and provides information on State Historic Sites within the park system.
- Interpretive Services prepares static exhibits and provides assistance with live park interpretation. The program also manages state park outreach activities and the division's website presence.
- The Park Law Enforcement program oversees training and support of park peace officers.
- Recreation Grants his team assists local government entities in applying for grants to fund outdoor and indoor recreation facilities such as a community or city parks, recreation facilities, etc.
- Facility Management coordinates park repair and maintenance activities and serves as a liaison with the Infrastructure Division.
- The Training program provides a wide range of employee training courses that are specific to the needs of State Parks.
- Professional Services assists with employee hiring, disciplinary measures and other personnel issues.
|Austin Headquarters – Purchasing Administrator||4200 Smith School Rd., Austin, TX 78744||512-389-8963||Irma Villalobos|
|Austin Headquarters – Park Store Administrator||4200 Smith School Rd., Austin, TX 78744||512-389-8474||Tony Lucio|
|Region 1 – Fort Davis||P. O. Box 1079, Fort Davis, TX 79734||432-426-3533||Ginger McGough|
|Region 2 – Rockport||715 S. Hwy. 35 South, Rockport, TX 78382||361-790-0313||Sherry Kay|
|Region 3 – Bastrop||1174 State Highway 71 East, Bastrop, TX 78602||512-308-1475 X222||Debby Schumacher|
|Region 4 – Houston||14200 Garrett Rd., Houston, TX 77044||281-456-8266, X-226||Betty Johnson|
|Region 5 – Waco||1601 East Crest Drive, Waco, TX 76705||254-867-7959||Clare McKinney|
|Region 6 – Tyler||12016 FM 848, Tyler, TX 75707-5236||903-566-0535, X-234||Marilyn Robertson|
Top of Page^