TPWD Job Posting 12-01-004
Maintenance Specialist V Utility Plant Operator (UPO)
Additional vacancies that occur during this posting will be filled with the pool of applicants within this posting period.
- Position Title: Maintenance Specialist V Utility Plant Operator (UPO)
- Posting Number: 12-01-004
- Posted: September 7, 2011
- Closes: 5 p.m. September 20, 2011
- Class/Salary Group: 9045/A15
- Salary: $3,029.68/Mo.
- Division: State Parks
- Position Location: Lake Livingston State Park, 300 State Park Road 65, Livingston, TX 77351
- Hiring Contact: Adam Jarrett
- Phone: 936/365-2201
- Fax: 936/365-3681
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Position Description: This position is responsible for the proper operation, maintenance of wastewater treatment plant, and all wastewater utility collection and water distribution systems for Lake Livingston State Park. Ensures regulatory compliance in all utility operations and completion of required reports and laboratory testing as required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Performs all phases of maintenance and repairs to other park facilities, equipment, grounds, and electrical and plumbing systems utilizing equipment such as hand tools, power tools, mowers, tractors and other machinery. Responds to emergency calls for assistance. May supervise the work of others. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division, and branch rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Working Conditions: (1) Required to work in a public park with overnight camping and day use; (2) Required to work 40 hours per week, includes flexible schedules with hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and days off other than Saturdays, Sundays and holidays; (3) Required to respond to emergency situations; (4) Required to travel with possible overnight stays; (5) Required to perform work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions; (6) Non-smoking environment in State buildings and vehicles.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from High School or GED.
- Experience: Four years of facility, equipment or grounds maintenance experience. Preferred Qualifications: (1) Experience working with the public. (2) Experience working with water or wastewater treatment plants.
- License/Certifications: (1) Must possess or be able to obtain, within 30 days of employment, a valid class "C" Texas driver's license. (2) Must possess or be able to obtain, within one year of employment, a class "D" Water and Wastewater license. (3) Must possess or be able to obtain, within one year of employment, a class "C" Water and Wastewater license. NOTE: Retention of position contingent upon obtaining and maintaining required licenses.
- Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (1) Knowledge of TCEQ rules and regulations on the proper operation and performance standards for water Treatment plants and Extended Aerated Wastewater Plants; (2) Knowledge of wastewater and water testing and analysis procedures and associated reporting requirements and procedures; (3) Knowledge of facility, equipment and ground maintenance; (4) Skill in effective verbal and written communication; (5) Skill in providing quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner; (6) Skill in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook; (7) Skill in the use of hand and power tools, mowers, timmers, chain saws, tractors, vehicles, generators and other mechanical equipment; (8) Ability to perform minor repairs to collection and distribution systems; (9) Ability to work as a member of a team; (10) Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; (11) Ability to perform duties in accordance with Department safety requirements.
- Additional Requirements: (1) Resumes are accepted, but will not serve in lieu of a completed State of Texas Application for Employment; (2) Skills demonstration may be requested at time of interview; (3) Miscellaneous information such as training certificates and copy of driver's license are NOT required; (4) Texas Parks and Wildlife requires a Consent for criminal background check form from all applicants completed at time of application. The form may be found on our website: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/jobs.
- FORWARD APPLICATION TO: TPWD- Lake Livingston State Park, 300 State Park Road 65, Livingston, TX 77351, Attn: Adam Jarrett.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment, Recruitment and Retention Branch
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Phone: 512-389-4545; Fax: 512-389-4861; Internet: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/