Residents may buy hunting and fishing licenses valid for the lifetime of the license holder. The lifetime license exempts the holder from all state stamp endorsement requirements other than the Reptile and Amphibian Stamp Endorsement. It does not exempt the holder from the Federal Duck Stamp requirement. Beginning August 15th of each license year, existing lifetime license holders may obtain current year tags immediately, at no fee, at any one of our license agents located across the state.
Applications for lifetime licenses may be obtained only from TPWD Law Enforcement offices, printing the application from the link below or by calling (800) 792-1112 (option 7, extension 4820). Lifetime licenses are only available for sale from the TPWD Austin Headquarters and TPWD Law Enforcement Offices.
- Types of Lifetime Licenses
- Lifetime Resident Combination Hunting and Fishing: $1,800
- Lifetime Resident Hunting: $1,000
- Lifetime Resident Fishing: $1,000
- Upgrade to a Combination Hunting and Fishing: $800