Christmas-on-the-Brazos featuring Barrington's Candlelight Christmas
Barrington's Candlelight Christmas features timed vignettes, offering glimpses into 1850s festivities through a candlelit tour of Barrington Farm.
Dec 13, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 09:00 PM
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Jessica Guidry|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Start the holiday season by spending the day at Washington on the Brazos. This event features modern and historic activities that will be staggered throughout the park. Daytime activities will be concentrated throughout the site; standard admission fees will apply to the daytime activities.
At 5 p.m., activities will shift to Barrington Farm for the evening event—Candlelight Christmas. This special program features timed vignettes, offering glimpses into 1850s festivities through a candlelit tour of Barrington Farm. The event will include live 19th century music and dancing, bonfires and Christmas readings, 1850s Santa Claus, musket firing, cookies and hot cider. Please allow at least one hour to complete the full experience.
- Due to space limitations, reservations for the evening program are strongly recommended. Please email us at Barrington.Farm@tpwd.texas.gov or call 936-878-2214 x246 for reservations. Groups will enter the site at timed intervals and reservations are highly recommended and will be accepted starting October 1st.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850s period setting with some events outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site or inside buildings.
- Sites are accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Jessica.