Texas Outdoor Family | Big Bend Ranch State Park I - 3 Night Adventure Camping (West Texas)
The Texas Outdoor Family is continuing our annual Spring Break Adventure Camping series at Big Bend Ranch. This three night adventure will have you exploring the most beautiful and remote reaches that Texas has to offer.
Mar 11, 2012 04:00 PM
Mar 14, 2012 11:00 AM
|Where||Big Bend Ranch and Barton Warnock Enviro. Ed. Center|
Facilities & Driving Directions
- Big Bend Ranch State Park
- Barton Warnock Environmental Education Center
- Individual camp sites for each family
- Clean Composting Toilets
- Restrooms with hot showers (on nights 2 and 3)
- Overnight State Park Staff providing public safety and security
- Thanks to TPWD sponsors, the basic camping equipment needed for the weekend will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own food, plates, sleeping bags and personal items. Click here for a suggested packing list, agenda, and FAQs: TOF Big Bend Prep Sheet
Download the TOF BIG Bend Prep Sheet for detailed agenda, packing list, and FAQs!
Planned activities for the weekend include:
- Kayaking the Rio Grande
- Visiting Rock Art from Generations Past
- Dutch Oven Cooking
- Nature Crafts
- Desert Exploration and More!
- State Park Junior Ranger Certification Programs – Targeted Audience: 5-12 years of age
- Environmentally-friendly program which adopts and teaches the 'Leave No Trace' philosophy and practices
- Additional programs specifically for use and enjoyment of a state park
- We suggest some camping experience or comfort in a remote outdoor setting
- Please read the FAQs for additional information on pets, vehicles, and suggested ages of participants.
- You will need to provide your own food for all meal, except 1 dinner that will be prepared for you for a small fee.
- A suggested shopping list, meal ideas, and dutch oven recipes will be made available to all participants after making a reservation.
- Instructors will teach you how to enjoy family camp cooking.
- $110 per family (up to 6 individuals) - includes all entry and camping fees.
- You will be asked to bring your family's food for the three night event and a suggested list of items will be provided via email.
How to Register
- Call 512-389-8903 and ask to speak to one of our "Texas Outdoor Family" customer service representatives Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. They can answer any questions you might have.
- You will receive a confirmation packet with directions and more details will be sent to you via email after you are registered for a Texas Outdoor Family workshop.
- Please note that all reservations and full payment must be made at least three business days in advance of the workshops. All fees are non-refundable.
- Space is very limited on this trip. We suggest making a reservation soon!
- You can contact the Texas Outdoor Family by emailing email@example.com
- or Calling (512)389-8903
Sunrise Over Camp
Kayaking the Rio Grande