Corn for Cash
On the second Saturday of each month, Fanthorp Inn comes alive with special "DAYS TO REMEMBER". Come early and catch a ride on the famous stagecoach which runs, weather permitting, from 11 AM to 3 PM.
Feb 09, 2013
from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Tom Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214|
Relive the excitement of coaching in early Texas by touring Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site. Once a month, the Inn comes to life with costumed characters and activities at one of Texas most authentic and celebrated stagecoach inns. Join us February 9th as we present “Corn for Cash” a look at how an early settler to Texas turned dealing in corn into a way to finance a very successful Stagecoach Inn. In addition to the presentations, you will be magically taken back in time to the Texas 1850’s with the sweet sounds of Dulcimer music and the heartfelt poetry of a cowboy poet. Discover the stagecoach’s role in early Texas travel and communication. It’s a unique event the whole family will remember and enjoy.
Program Presentations of 20-25 minutes in length will be at 11 AM, 1PM and 3 PM at the original corn crib located behind the old Inn.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife presents Fanthorp Inn to you without admission fees but with a suggested donation of Adults -$4.00 (or $10.00 including coach ride) and Students (12 and under) $2.00 (or $5.00 including coach ride).
- The program, including coach rides, will be held from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site, 579 South Main Street Anderson, Texas 77830, located in Grimes County off Highway 90 about 10 miles east of Texas Hwy 6 in Navasota.
- The standard hours/days of operation for the site are from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- The event will take place in a period setting with some portions outdoors, so please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather.
- The first floor is accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For more information please call 936-878-2214.