Cornbread, Cake and Charity
Jul 14, 2013
from 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Pam Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Come discover how Charity, the cook of Barrington Farm, created meals over the open hearth. Witness demonstrations of cornbread and cake preparation, then walk away with the recipe for each.
Demonstrations and Discussions will be at 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Some activities maybe dependent on weather conditions.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Pam.