Cotton Pickin' Weekends
Visitors get to join the farm hands harvesting the Barrington Farm cotton crop. All the fun will take place each weekend in September!
Sep 06, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM Every week until Sep 30, 2014
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Jessica Guidry|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Visitors get to join the farm hands harvesting the Barrington Farm cotton crop. All the fun will take place each weekend in September! The cotton has been planted, watered and weeded, and now visitors can help pick, hand gin, card, and weave the beautiful, “Lone Star” antique variety of cotton.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246.