Visit Barrington Farm for special weekend programs throughout August to discover the importance of education in early Texas.
Aug 02, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM Every week until Aug 31, 2014
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Kellie McKenney|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Mary Jones, sister of Dr. Anson Jones, spent much of her time at Barrington instructing the family children. What did they learn? Are those lessons relevant today? Visit Barrington Farm for special weekend programs throughout August to discover the importance of education in early Texas.
“Education Month” will be held each weekend in August, at Barrington Living History Farm located in Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park off Highway 105 between Navasota and Brenham on FM 1155.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Kellie.