Fall Food and Flowers
Nov 03, 2012
from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM
|Where||Barrington Living History Farm|
|Contact Name||Kellie McKenney|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Come join us at Barrington Farm to learn how we grow heirloom vegetables and flowers as they did in the mid 19th century. Learn about companion planting as a natural pesticide, organic farming, and seed saving. Join Miss Kellie for a discussion on the heirloom varieties we grow here at Barrington. Make a sweet bag, a botanical journal and take home a poem full of life lessons.
“Fall Food and Flowers” will be held Saturday, November 3rd, at Barrington Living History Farm, home of Dr. Anson Jones, last president of the Republic of Texas. It is located in Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park off Highway 105 between Navasota and Brenham on FM 1155.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- The standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Kellie.