First day hike (2nd Annual) - Peak Fitness Challenge
Jan 01, 2013
from 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Franklin Mountains State Park - Tom Mays Unit|
|Contact Name||Adrianna Weickhardt|
|Contact Phone||(915) 566-6441|
Need help with your New Year’s Resolutions? Let “Dr.” Franklins and the gang help you get goin’! Jumpstart your resolution success and join us for our second annual new year’s day hike at the Franklin Mountains State Park.
- When: Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- Time: 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Tom Mays Unit
- Trail: Mundy’s Gap Trail
- Length: 3.5 miles roundtrip/2.5 – 3.5 hours (depending on group pace)
- Difficulty: Moderate-difficult. Begin with a gradual incline over scree, or rubble, proving to be challenging for some; the trail transitions to well maintained terrain with a continuous, yet gradual incline, to the top at Mundy’s Gap. Elevation gain of 1,000 feet.
- What to bring: Day pack, water, snacks, sturdy hiking shoes/boots, hiking stick, camera, binoculars, a map and dogs are welcome on leashes!
- Cost: Just a $5.00 entrance fee (free for TSPP holders)
C’mon over, work up a sweat and burn some calories, take in the splendors of the Franklin Mountains State Park, and start your New Year’s Resolutions off on the right hiking foot! If you have a dog and a leash, bring your pooch, too.