Full Moon Party
A two-hour ranger-guided night hike through the park
Jun 13, 2014
from 08:00 PM to 10:00 PM
|Where||Estero Llano Grande State Park|
|Contact Name||John Yochum|
|Contact Phone||(956) 565-3919|
You've seen the park in the daytime, now see it at night:
- spider-sniffing (maybe even tarantulas!)
- scorpions glowing under blacklights
- pauraques (night birds seen nowhere else in the U.S. except South Texas)
- alligator eyes glowing red in the night
- the features on the full moon, including the Sea of Tranquility where Apollo 11 astronauts first walked on the moon.
- creatures of the night. Anything is possible including armadillos, owls, frogs, bobcats, snakes, bats...
Meet on the deck just outside the park store. Bring flashlights if you like, but certainly not necessary.