Going Postal in 1800s Texas
On the second Saturday of each month, Fanthorp Inn comes alive with special "DAYS TO REMEMBER". Come early and catch a ride on the famous stagecoach which runs, weather permitting, from 11 AM to 3 PM.
Jul 13, 2013
from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Tom Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214|
Join us at 11, 1 and 3p.m. as we present “Going Postal in 1800s Texas". In the early days of Texas before the telegraph and before the railroad had clicked and puffed its way across the new Republic, communication and public conveyance were combined into one exciting yet often challenging vehicle, the Stagecoach.
Join the fun as visitors relive accounts of early travel and communications at one of Texas’ most authentically restored stagecoach inns. Stepping onto the Fanthorp front porch is a passage into yesteryear as guides take visitors back to the 1850’s. It’s a unique event the whole family will remember and enjoy.
On the second Saturday of each month, Fanthorp Inn comes alive with special “DAYS TO REMEMBER”. Poets, cowboys and musicians entertain as visitors tour the Inn and learn about travel and communications at one of Texas’ most authentically restored stagecoach inns. Stepping onto the Fanthorp front porch is a passage into yesteryear as guides take visitors back to Texas in the 1850’s. It’s a unique event the whole family will remember and enjoy.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife presents Fanthorp Inn to you without admission fees but with a suggested donation of Adults -$4.00 (or $10.00 including coach ride) and Students (12 and under) $2.00 (or $5.00 including coach ride).
- The program, including coach rides, will be held from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site, 579 South Main Street Anderson, Texas 77830, located in Grimes County off Highway 90 about 10 miles east of Texas Hwy 6 in Navasota.
- The standard hours/days of operation for the site are from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- The event will take place in a period setting with some portions outdoors, so please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather.
- The first floor is accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For more information please call 936-878-2214.