4 Hour Guided Canoe Trip
Want to explore our sloughs on canoe but not alone?
Apr 26, 2014
from 08:30 AM to 12:20 PM Every month until Sep 20, 2014
|Where||Martin Dies, Jr. State Park|
|Contact Name||Amy Kocurek|
|Contact Phone||(409) 383-0144|
Want to explore our sloughs on canoe but not alone? Join a ranger for a 4 hour, 6 mile long guided canoe trip through the park's back country sloughs and the Neches River. While paddling, we will be on the lookout for wildlife such as bald eagles, herons and alligators.
This trip is from 8:30am to 12:00pm in the afternoon and cost $30 per canoe; which can fit 2 adults. Canoe experience preferred, but participation is available to anyone capable to the moderate exertion of paddling for half a day.
Space is limited so please call our headquarters office in advance to make your reservation.
Where: Meet at the boat dock behind the dining hall on the Walnut Ridge Unit part of the park.
What to Bring:
- Park permit in your windshield (received from park headquarters or self-pay station)
- Snacks such as granola bars
- Full water bottle
- Close-toed shoes, secure water shoes or old tennis shoes that you don't mind getting wet (not flip flops)
- A hat that won't blow away in high winds
- Dress for the weather
- Bug Spray
- Dry bag, zip lock bags, or water proof containers for your gear (Our rangers are not responsible for any damages to your possessions.)
- Something soft such as a cushion or towel to sit on
- Any special medication, for example an epipen.
What to Know:
- Please let us know if you are unable to attend at least two days in advance.
- Please use the bathroom before showing up at the boat dock.
- Canoes, paddles, and life jackets are provided by Martin Dies, Jr. State Park.
- Our canoes comfortably sit 2 adults, but one youth could sit crossed legged in the middle of the canoe.
- This event is subject to cancellation due to thunderstorms or high winds.
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own canoes/kayaks but will still have to pay the $30 fee for this trip.