Island Prints and Poetry
Be inspired by the beauty of Galveston Island State Park.
Jul 04, 2014
from 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM Every week until Jul 11, 2014
|Where||Galveston Island State Park|
|Contact Name||Lisa Reznicek|
|Contact Phone||(409) 737-1222|
After a long day at Galveston Island State Park you might have caught a big fish, discovered the beach, and wondered at the beauty of our Texas Gulf Coast ecosystem. This Arts in the Parks program is a great way to document your time here and explore new ways to enjoy nature!
Join us for a short fish printing and haiku poetry program at the Nature Center, while discovering the connection between the islands of Japan and Galveston.
Where: Nature Center
Who: Park Ranger Lisa Reznicek is inviting everyone to join
Before you can join us:
- Park entry fee paid before trip
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
What to expect:
- Great family fun for all ages
- Indoor afternoon activities
- Small group instruction and guide
- 1 hour program of arts instructions, free art supplies, and take homes
- Restrooms available
- Youth art contest entry information