Junior Ranger Hike
Want to become a Texas State Park Junior Ranger?...
Sep 13, 2014
from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM Every week until Sep 20, 2014
|Where||Galveston Island State Park|
|Contact Name||Lisa Reznicek|
|Contact Phone||(409) 737-1222|
Please join us for a family-friendly, educational program about the Texas State Park Junior Ranger Program.
Young participants will receive an activity booklet (ages 6-12), plus an invitation to join us for a swearing-in ceremony for all Junior Rangers who complete the activity booklet. (Ceremony at 3:30 pm, same day.)
This early morning program will discuss safety, Leave No Trace, and other ways to get outside around the Nature Center of Galveston Island State Park. We will provide time to talk to a ranger and take a short hike around some freshwater ponds in the prairie.
Before you can join us:
- Park entry fee paid before trip.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
What to expect:
- Junior Ranger activities
- Great family fun for all ages.
- Prepared for physical activity.
- Small group instruction and guide
- One-hour program of games, activities, and short hike.
- Restrooms available.