Lighting the Way - Firestarting & Lighting Devices of the Republic
Dec 15, 2012
from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Scott McMahon|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x228|
Have you ever wondered how 19th century Texians illuminated the night? If so, join us as we explore the different methods and devices used to light up the Republic!
Presentations will be given at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm.
The presentation will last approximately 30-45 minutes and will meet at the Visitors’ Center.
- Please be sure to arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Please dress appropriately for the season as the presentation will take place in a period setting.
- All Visitors are welcome but small children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ticket prices are: Adult $5.00; Student $3.00; FREE to children 6 and under. FREE to Texas State Park annual pass holders.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details please call the Visitors’ Center at 936.878.2214 ext. 228 Ask for Scott.