Mind Your Manners
Jun 15, 2013
from 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Barb King|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Good manners surpass time and place throughout history; however, some Victorian maxims like "Children are meant to be seen, and not heard." have been left behind. Bring your best manners with you and explore familiar, and not so familiar, etiquette of the 1850s as you tour Barrington Farm.
Demonstrations and Discussions will be at 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Some activities maybe dependent on weather conditions.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Barb