New Moon Hike
Join us on a ranger-led night hike through the park.
Aug 25, 2014
from 08:00 PM to 10:00 PM
|Where||Estero Llano Grande State Park|
|Contact Name||John Yochum|
|Contact Phone||(956) 565-3919|
You've seen the park in the daytime, now see it at night:
- spider-sniffing (maybe even tarantulas!)
- scorpions glowing under blacklights
- pauraques (night birds seen nowhere else in the U.S. except South Texas)
- alligator eyes glowing red in the night
- constellations and stars will be easier to see with no visible moon
- creatures of the night. Anything is possible including armadillos, owls, frogs, bobcats, snakes, bats...
Meet on the deck just outside the park store