New Moon Party
A two-hour ranger-guided tour of the park.
Jun 27, 2014
from 08:00 PM to 10:00 PM
|Where||Estero Llano Grande State Park|
|Contact Name||John Yochum|
|Contact Phone||(956) 565-3919|
You've seen the park in the daytime, now see it at night:
- stargazing and constellations since there will be no moonlight
- spider-sniffing (maybe even tarantulas!)
- scorpions glowing under blacklights
- pauraques (night birds seen nowhere else in the US except South Texas)
- alligator eyes glowing red in the night.
- creatures of the night. anything is possible including armadillos, owls, frogs, bobcats, snakes, bats...
Meet on the deck just outside the Park Store. Bring flashlights if you like, but it's certainly not necessary.