Owl Prowl Olympics and Bay Hike
Do you have what it takes to be in the animal Olympics?
Sep 05, 2014
from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM Every week until Oct 24, 2014
|Where||Galveston Island State Park|
|Contact Name||Lisa Reznicek|
|Contact Phone||(409) 737-1222|
CAN YOU SEE AS WELL AS AN OWL?
DO YOU HEAR LIKE A DOG?
HOW LONG CAN YOU HOLD YOUR BREATH?
Some animals are amazing athletes, and we're going to test your abilities while we explore the beautiful sunset over the prairie and Galveston Bay ecosystem.
As the day cools off and the evening approaches, join us for a exploratory hike. We will discover the abilities of the some of the animals seen at dusk on this short (.25 mile) hike to the bird observation tower.
Come run, jump, balance, look, listen, and drink water like an animal! (Good for all ages and abilities.) Everyone is welcome, no need to RSVP.
What to bring:
- Park permit (register at park headquarters on beach side)
- Binoculars (or borrow a pair from Ranger Lisa)
- Hiking materials: walking stick, hiking shoes, park map, water bottle
- Camera (for those great park sunset shots)
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
What to expect:
- Physical challenge activities for all ages and abilities
- Family friendly fun
- A short hike to the waters of Galveston Bay
- A beautiful view of the entire park
- Evening birds and animal sightings
- ADA accessible bird tower and hiking trails