Paddling Trail Exploration – Beginner Kayaking 101
Reserve your spot on a kayak for a trip with Ranger Lisa.
Jul 12, 2014
from 05:00 PM to 07:30 PM Every week until Jul 19, 2014
|Where||Galveston Island State Park|
|Contact Name||Lisa Reznicek|
|Contact Phone||(409) 737-1222|
Please consider reserving your spot for a quick instruction, free gear rental, and guided trip with Ranger Lisa into a protected cove of Galveston Bay. We will start at 5pm and be back by 730pm. Starting location is the Oak Bayou picnic area.
Before you can join us:
- Please review directions, entry fees, facilities, parking, and launch location on our park website: www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/galveston-island
- Park entry fee paid before trip.
- Must RSVP 48 hours before the trip with Lisa.Reznicek@TPWD.Texas.Gov
- All children must be accompanied by an adult, and anyone less than 70lbs must provide for their own lifejacket.
- Close-toed shoes and lifejackets must be worn during trip.
What to expect:
- Prepared for physical activity, outside. (Suggested weight limit for kayaks = 250 lbs.)
- Free American Canoe Association Instructor paddling lesson
- Free gear use (kayak, paddle, and lifejackets)
- Small group instruction and guide (<12 people)
- 1.5 hour paddling trip to Galveston Bay, over sea grass beds and bay bottom.
- Anything that goes out may get wet, muddy, salty, or completely submerged.
This program has been supported and maintained by the Friends of Galveston Island State Park, and countless volunteer hours and fundraising. To find out more about FoGISP please check out: http://fogisp.wordpress.com/