Pastimes and Playthings
Feb 08, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM Every day until Feb 09, 2014
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Kellie McKenney|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Visit Barrington Farm to learn how early Texans passed the time of day. What games did they play and what crafts did they practice? You will find demonstrators exhibiting such skills and opportunities to perhaps try your hand at a skill you would like to learn! Play mid-1800’s games and just enjoy a day of leisure!
“Pastimes and Playthings” will be held Saturday and Sunday, February 8th & 9th , at Barrington Living History Farm located in Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park off Highway 105 between Navasota and Brenham on FM 1155.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Kellie.