Smithing in Texas
Oct 27, 2012
from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM
|Where||Barrington Living History Farm|
|Contact Name||Mark Sanders|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
You are invited to the annual October “Smithing in Texas” Program. The Houston Area Blacksmith Association (HABA) will be demonstrating the age old craft of metalworking. Experience the blaze of the forge fire, the clang of hammer and anvil. See steel, blazing hot, formed into beautiful and useful objects which will be on display. Also, for anyone interested in “taking the hammer,” information on how to get started will be available.
“Smithing in Texas” will be held Saturday and Sunday, October 27th & 28th, at Barrington Living History Farm, home of Dr. Anson Jones, last president of the Republic of Texas. It is located within Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park off Highway 105 between Navasota and Brenham on FM 1155.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Mark.