THIS PROGRAM IS NOW FULL.
Jul 05, 2014
from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
|Where||Bastrop State Park|
|Contact Name||Mick Haven|
Learn the basics of kayaking from certified instructors at Bastrop State Park. We'll provide kayaks, life jackets and paddles. No experience required! This workshop will begin at the lake area of Bastrop State Park.
Things to Know
- All participants must have a valid park entry permit
- Preregistration is required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Registration is limited to 12 individuals, including children.
- All participants must be at least 8 years old.
- All children must be accompanied by a guardian.
- All participants must wear closed toe shoes and life jackets at all times in the kayak
- Legally, all kayaks must be out of the water 30 minutes after sunset.
What to Expect
- Paddling is a very physical activity. Expect to get sweaty. Bring sun screen, plenty of water, and a good hat.
- Weight limit on kayaks is 250lbs (450 for tandem kayaks)
- Be prepared to get wet! Do not wear clothes that can't get wet or bring items you wouldn't mind losing in the lake.
- Approximately a half hour of instruction and 1.5 hours of paddling.
How to Register
Registration is full.