Texas Outdoor Family | Guadalupe River State Park (Central Texas) | (Cancelled)
Come enjoy this classic hill country river! The Texas Outdoor Family is ready to help you get your family outside with activities like: hikes to Honey Creek SNA, Fishing in the Guadalupe River, and Geocaching throughout the park! Sign up today!
Sep 21, 2013 09:30 AM
Sep 22, 2013 11:00 AM
|Where||Guadalupe River State Park|
|Contact Name||Texas Outdoor Family|
|Contact Phone||512 389 8903|
- Guadalupe River State Park
- Individual car camping sites for each family
- Restrooms with hot showers
- Overnight State Park Police Officer, public safety, and security
- Thanks to TPWD sponsors, the basic camping equipment needed for the weekend will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own food, plates, sleeping bags and personal items. Click here for a suggested packing list: TOFPackingList
Agenda & Activities
- Credible Campers & Campsites:
Adults: Learn Leave no Trace principles, how to pitch your tent and use stoves safely
Junior Rangers: PEAK Program “Promoting environmental awareness in kids” to leave no trace
- Building Base Camp: Families come together, gather equipment and build base camp for the weekend.
- Caching in on State Park Trails: Trail adventure and exploration through GPS and Geo-caching
- Fire Building and Outdoor Cooking Tips: How to safely build fires and cook on open flames / grills
- Experience the natural wonders at night: Celebrating nature’s natural night noises at State Parks
- Fishing on the Guadalupe: Let our rangers show you the best spot to catch your first fish.
- Coffee and chat with a Park Ranger: Q&A – Learn more about parks and conservation
- Know Before You Go ... Breaking Camp and Leaving No Trace of your stay
Additonal Site Specific Activities
- Nature Hikes: Explore Honey Creek State Natural Area on a guided nature hike!
- State Park Junior Ranger Certification Programs – Targeted Audience: 5-12 years of age
- Environmentally-friendly program which adopts and teaches the 'Leave No Trace' philosophy and practices
- Additional programs specifically for use and enjoyment of a state park
- A shopping list/menu will be provided; you will need to bring your own food. Click here to see the suggested shopping list: TOFPre-Materials
- Instructors will teach you how to enjoy family camp cooking.
- $65 per family (up to 6 individuals) - includes all entry and camping fees.
- You will be asked to bring your family's food for the two-day event and a suggested list of items is provided below in the "TOFPRE-materials."
How to Register
- Call 512-389-8903 and ask to speak to one of our "Texas Outdoor Family" customer service representatives Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. They can answer any questions you might have and also can provide the contact number for partner site workshops.
- You will be e-mailed a confirmation packet with directions and additional items.
- Please note that all reservations and full payment must be made at least four business days in advance of the workshops. All fees are non-refundable.