Texas Outdoor Family | Lake Mineral Wells State Park | Rock Climbing 2-night Event (Near Ft Worth) | (FULL - Waitlist Forming)
Spring has sprung! Join some Park Rangers as they lead activities in the hills and hollows of this amazing park full of views, wildlife, adventures and fun! Test your rock climbing skills with the gear and coaching from the Denton High Adventure Program.
Mar 28, 2014 06:30 PM
Mar 30, 2014 11:00 AM
|Where||Lake Mineral Wells State Park|
|Contact Name||Texas Outdoor Family|
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park
- Individual car camping sites for each family
- Potable water at or near each campsite
- Electricity at your campsite
- Restrooms with hot showers
- Overnight State Park Police Officer, public safety, and security
- Thanks to TPWD sponsors, the basic camping equipment needed for the weekend will be provided. Participants will need to bring their own food, plates, sleeping bags and personal items. Click here for a suggested packing list of personal items from home: TOFPackingList
Agenda & Activities
The Texas Outdoor Family program will provide you with an opportunity to enjoy all of the following activities at your upcoming event. You are also encouraged to explore the park on your own, creating your own adventure along the way. Please note that all “on the water” type activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Credible Campers & Campsites:
Adults: Learn Leave no Trace principles, how to pitch your tent and use stoves safely
Junior Rangers: A kid specific hike, including a conversation about Leave No Trace
- Building Base Camp: Families come together, gather equipment, and build base camp for the weekend.
- Caching in on State Park Trails: Trail adventure and exploration through GPS and Geocaching
- Fire Building and Outdoor Cooking Tips: How to safely build fires and cook on open flames / grills
- Experience the Sounds of the Night: Celebrating nature’s night sounds with a Ranger led presentation
- Fishing in State Parks: Catch your first fish in a Texas State Park
- Rocking it with Rock Climbing: Expert climbers are loaning us their gear and expertise to shows us the ropes. children must be at least 4 years old to try and everyone must sign an additional climbing waiver
- Coffee and chat with a Park Ranger: Q&A – Learn more about parks and conservation
- Know Before You Go ... Breaking Camp and Leaving No Trace of your stay
- State Park Junior Ranger Journal: Available upon request. When completed, these journals earn your jr. ranger their very own patch.
- And More: Don’t be surprised if the night skies are right for an impromptu star party or if the park is hosting another great outdoor program that you would like to participate in!
Conclusion & Departure
Texas Outdoor Family programming typically concludes with the borrowed gear being turned in at or before 11am on Sunday. We ask that families participate in our program’s conclusion earlier on Sunday morning where they are given great information and promotional items aimed at helping them plan their next camping trip at a Texas State Park. If your family needs to leave early, please inform your on-site ranger for instructions pertaining to the return of the borrowed equipment.
Your family is invited to stay in the park until the close of business on the day that your program concludes.
- Easy camp meal ideas are provided in the: TOF Pre-Materials
- Instructors will teach you how to enjoy family camp cooking.
- $85 per family (up to 6 individuals) - includes all entry and camping fees.
- You will be asked to bring your family's food for the two-day event and a suggested list of items is provided in the TOF Pre-Materials .
How to Register
- Call 512-389-8903 and ask to speak to one of our "Texas Outdoor Family" customer service representatives Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. They can answer any questions you might have.
- You will be e-mailed a confirmation packet with directions and other items helpful with your planning.
- Please note that all reservations and full payment must be made by noon on the Thursday before the event. All fees are non-refundable.