Oct 13, 2012
from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Tom Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214|
Join us from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM as we present “Texian Days”. Visit Fanthorp Inn on this special Saturday in October and experience the origins of our Texas mystique. What is the history and lore that gives Texans that special swagger and confidence? How does being Texan somehow make us special and perhaps a bit more proud than most? The Brazos valley is rich in Texas history and there is no better place than Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site to discover the shared history that molded the Texians.
Come early and catch a ride on the famous Stagecoach which runs from 11 to 3. Additionally, poets, cowboys and musicians will entertain as visitors’ tour the Inn and have the unique opportunity to learn about travel and communications at one of Texas’ most authentically restored stagecoach inns. Stepping onto the Fanthorp front porch is a passage into yesteryear as guides dressed in period clothes take visitors back to Texas in the 1850’s. It’s a special event the whole family will remember and enjoy.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife presents Fanthorp Inn to you without admission fees but with a suggested donation of Adults -$4.00 (or $10.00 including coach ride) and Students (12 and under) $2.00 (or $5.00 including coach ride).
- The program, including coach rides, will be held from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site, 579 South Main Street Anderson, Texas 77830, located in Grimes County off Highway 90 about 10 miles east of Texas Hwy 6 in Navasota.
- The standard hours/days of operation for the site are from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- The event will take place in a period setting with some portions outdoors, so please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather.
- The first floor is accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For more information please call 936-878-2214.