The Many Mary’s of Barrington
Mar 29, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM Every day until Mar 30, 2014
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Pam Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Spend the day at Barrington Farm and hear the stories of three remarkable women (Mrs. Mary Jones, wife of Dr. Anson Jones; Miss Mary Jones, sister of Dr. Jones; and Mary, the servant girl) using authentic letters and diary entries spoken by costumed interpreters. Throughout the day try various handicrafts, sit in Miss Mary’s classroom, and watch as Barrington’s version of Mary the servant drives the oxen plowing the fields for the upcoming cotton crop.
“The Many Mary’s of Barrington” will be held Saturday and Sunday, March 29th & 30th, at Barrington Living History Farm located in Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park off Highway 105 between Navasota and Brenham on FM 1155.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Pam.