Traveling Texas, a Ticket to Adventure
On the second Saturday of each month, Fanthorp Inn comes alive with special "DAYS TO REMEMBER". Come early and catch a ride on the famous stagecoach which runs, weather permitting, from 11 AM to 3 PM.
Mar 09, 2013
from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
|Where||Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Tom Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214|
On the second Saturday of each month, Fanthorp Inn comes alive with special” DAYS TO REMEMBER”. Poets, cowboys and musicians entertain as visitors’ tour the Inn and have the unique opportunity to learn about travel and communications at one of Texas most authentically restored stagecoach inns. Stepping onto the Fanthorp front porch is a passage into yesteryear as guides dressed in period clothes take visitors back to Texas in the 1850’s.
Join us March 9th as we present “Traveling Texas, a Ticket to Adventure “. Fanthorp Inn focuses on travel in Texas during the days when horses, mules and oxen were the preferred means of transportation. The horses stamp their hooves and shake their heads, rustling leather harnesses as they wait with anticipation the first of several journeys pulling the stagecoach full of cheerful passengers to the historic Grimes County courthouse and back.
In addition to the stagecoach rides and presentations, you will be magically taken back in time to the Texas 1850’s with the sweet sounds of Dulcimer music and the heartfelt poetry of a cowboy poet. Discover the stagecoach’s role in early Texas travel and communication. It’s a unique event the whole family will remember and enjoy.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife presents Fanthorp Inn to you without admission fees but with a suggested donation of Adults -$4.00 (or $10.00 including coach ride) and Students (12 and under) $2.00 (or $5.00 including coach ride).
- The program, including coach rides, will be held from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site, 579 South Main Street Anderson, Texas 77830, located in Grimes County off Highway 90 about 10 miles east of Texas Hwy 6 in Navasota.
- The standard hours/days of operation for the site are from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- The event will take place in a period setting with some portions outdoors, so please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather.
- The first floor is accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For more information please call 936-878-2214.