Nov 24, 2012
from 04:30 PM to 08:00 PM
|Where||Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Tom Scaggs|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214|
Living History Re-enactors
Highlight Holiday Celebration,
Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site
Holiday Time is Family Time at Fanthorp Inn State Historic Site in Anderson, Texas. Fanthorp celebrates the holiday season with a journey back to the 1850’s on the evening of Saturday November 24th, 2012. The old stagecoach Inn will be open for a special Twilight Firelight holiday event. Visitors will enjoy the ambiance of the candle lit Inn, period music, stagecoach rides, chuck wagon cooking, carol singing and a host of living history characters.
Activities begin at the Grimes county courthouse in Anderson where visitors board a replica stagecoach or wagon for a ride down Main Street to Fanthorp Inn. Upon arrival visitors will meet their hosts from 1850, Henry and Rachel Fanthorp, along with, cowboys, travelers from the 1800’s and personalities who will entertain with stories, music, wassail and good cheer. The atmosphere of the Inn and living history personalities brings the holiday season of 1850 to life.
So take a break from the hectic holiday pace and re-focus on your family and friends at Fanthorp Inn’s Twilight Firelight celebration!
- Texas Parks and Wildlife presents Fanthorp Inn to you without admission fees but with a suggested donation of Adults -$10.00 and Students (12 and under) $5.00.
- No reservations are required.
- Tickets will be available beginning at 4:30 PM the day of the event near the Courthouse parking area where the stagecoach and/or wagon rides to the Inn will begin.
- The Inn will be open from 4:30 PM until 8:00 PM, but tickets will only be available until 7:00 PM to allow ticket holders ample time to travel from the Courthouse to the Inn by wagon or stagecoach, enjoy the festivities at the Inn, and then travel back to the Courthouse.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in a period setting with some portions outdoors.
- The program will be held in Anderson, Texas which is located in Grimes County off Highway 90 about 10 miles east of Texas Hwy 6 in Navasota.
- The standard hours/days of operation for Fanthorp Inn are from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- The first floor is accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For more information please call 936-878-2214.