Using Your Common Senses
Visitors will have the opportunity to creatively express their sensory impressions of the Farm through various 1850s media.
Jun 14, 2014
from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM Every day until Jun 15, 2014
|Where||Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
|Contact Name||Jessica Guidry|
|Contact Phone||(936) 878-2214 x246|
Use your senses to explore the Farm. Each person experiences sights, sounds and even scents in a slightly different way. Visitors will have the opportunity to creatively express their sensory impressions of the Farm through various 1850s media, drawing, painting, music, voice, etc. The weekend is dedicated to the arts.
“Using Your Common Senses” will be held Saturday and Sunday, June 14th & 15th, at Barrington Living History Farm located in Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park off Highway 105 between Navasota and Brenham on FM 1155.
- Program FREE with general admission. Reservations not required.
- Farm Admission prices are: Adult $5.00; Student (age 7 through college) $3.00; Children 6 and under – FREE; Texas State Park annual pass holders - FREE.
- Discounted tour tickets for Independence Hall and the Star of the Republic Museum are available.
- Standard hours of operation for the site are from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Please dress appropriately for the season and be prepared for the weather as the event will take place in an 1850’s period setting with some portions outdoors.
- Leashed pets allowed in park, but NOT ALLOWED onto farm site.
- Accessible for the mobility impaired.
- For additional details call (936) 878-2214 ext 246, ask for Jessica.