Location: On the Elm Fork of the Trinity
River in Denton County near Lewisville
Surface area: 29,592 acres
Maximum depth: 67 feet
Current Lake Level
Conservation Pool Elevation: 522 ft. msl
Fluctuation: 4-8 feet annually
Normal Clarity: Stained
Reservoir Controlling Authority
Corps of Engineers
1801 N. Mill St.
Lewisville, Texas 75057
Small stands of pondweed
Predominant Fish Species
Free maps are available at the USACE office. Commercial maps are available at retail stores.
This reservoir has special regulations on some fishes. See bag and size limits for this lake.
To prevent spread of invasive zebra mussels, anglers and boaters leaving this lake will need to empty all bait buckets, live wells, bilges, and any other receptacles, containers, or systems that could contain water in order to prevent the spread of microscopic zebra mussel larvae. A person who travels on a public roadway via the most direct route to another access point located on the same body of water needn't drain water until leaving for a different water body or other destination. Boaters are also required by law to remove any visible mussels or exotic vegetation from boats, trailers and other equipment. For more details, see Possession and Transport of Exotic Aquatic Species.
White crappie and white bass provide the most angling activity on Lake Lewisville. Largemouth bass, the most popular fish in Texas, is also popular at Lewisville. Hybrid striped bass have been stocked and provide anglers with another open water sport fish. The blue and channel catfish fisheries are excellent.
|Largemouth Bass||Spotted Bass|
|Hybrid Striped Bass|
Standing timber in several areas of the lake hold crappie and largemouth bass.
Largemouth bass can be found around available structure (timber) in coves or along the shoreline. White bass school in the main lake during summer; follow the gulls. Crappie fishing is excellent under bridges that cross arms of the lake. Hybrids are found around humps and ridges on Hickory Creek and the main lake. Catfishing is good near the old Lake Dallas area.