Gus Engeling WMA: Camping (GEWMA)
Phone: (903) 928-2251
16149 North US Hwy 287
Tennessee Colony, TX 75861
Dates Open: Open year round, except for special permit hunts.
Registration is required.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
Camping, except during public hunts, is available in designated areas with the proper permit. A primitive tent section or RV sites provide alternative camping sites, some overnight. No potable water is available in most areas; bring your own drinking water. Contact the WMA office to get more information.
Camping is available at Fairfield Lake State Park