Tawakoni WMA: Camping
Phone: (903) 881-8233
Fax: (903) 882-9093
Lindale, TX 75771
Scott B. Bosworth
Dates Open: Open year round.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
A primitive camping area is located on the Pawnee Inlet Unit. It is in native condition most of the year. Before hunting begins in the Fall, the campground area is cleared, otherwise, be prepared to clear the area before setting up camp.
OTHER CAMPING OPTIONS:
For camping information at: Lake Tawakoni State Park, Purtis Creek State Park, Tyler State Park, Cooper Lake State Park or Cedar Hill State Park.