Alabama Creek WMA
Phone: (936) 639-8544
415 S. First St., Suite 110
Lufkin, TX 75901
Dates Open: Open year round
The Alabama Creek WMA has 14,561acres located in Trinity County. The WMA is part of the Davy Crockett National Forest and is operated under a Memorandum of Agreement with the US Forest Service. The WMA was established as a state game management area for public hunting and wildlife viewing. Forest management efforts have provided favorable habitats for many species of wildlife. The WMA offers many recreational opportunities. The Forest Service has maps of the local roads and access points.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- Insect repellant is recommended for mosquitoes.
- High heat and humidity in the summer should be taken into consideration when planning a visit.
- There are no restroom facilities.
- The WMA is not wheel-chair accessible.
- Primitive camping is available.