Sam Houston National Forest WMA: Camping
Phone: (936) 344-6205
PO Box 868
Livingston, TX 77351
Dates Open: Open year round.
- Users may not camp or build a fire anywhere other than in a designated campsite.
- Users may not cause, create, or contribute to excessive or disturbing sounds beyond the person's immediate campsite between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Users may not establish a camp and leave it unattended for a period of longer than 24 hours.
- Users must remove refuse from the area upon departing.
- Cutting of firewood is prohibited.
Camping is allowed anywhere except during hunting season, gun and archery, then all users are required to camp in designated camping areas.
Campgrounds available are primitive or with facilities. The more developed areas have concession, swimming, boat rentals, sewer and electric connections.