2008 Farm Bill Programs
Conservation of Private Grazing Land (CPGL)
Purpose of Program
- The Conservation of Private Grazing Land Program is a voluntary program that provides technical assistance to owners and managers of private grazing lands who wish to address natural resource concerns.
- Eligible land includes all non-Federally owned and Tribal lands used to produce livestock or wildlife.
Contract Period and Cost-Share
- This program does not provide any financial assistance.
- CPGL is run by NRCS
- Applications can be filed year round at local NRCS/USDA Service Centers and Conservation District Offices
For more information contact:
Chuck Kowaleski, Farm Bill Coordinator
Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
Phone: (254) 718-7684
- Natural Resources Conservation Service(NRCS) - Contact information from the US Dept. of Agriculture Service Center Locator for Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the Rural Development agencies.
- Texas State Water and Soil Conservation Board - Texas Soil and Water Conservation Districts Locator Map and information.
- Farm Service Agency - FSA website for Texas Farm Service Agency Directory.