Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) brings the coast to local communities each year through Coastal Expo.
Coastal Expo is a fun, family-oriented event with activities for all ages! Visitors see and touch crabs, sea stars, and other coastal animals; view a glass-bottom stream; solve a mysterious fish kill; learn what washes up on the Texas coast; fish for live catfish; and participate in other great activities. In the process, they learn about Texas coastal ecosystems, why they are important, and how to protect them.
Look for Us In a Town Near You!
Spring/Summer 2014 Event Schedule
- 13th-14th: Coastal Expo- Edinburg
- 6th- 7th: Houston Rodeo- Houston
- 29th: Outdoor Fool’s Day- Athens
- 12th: Earth Day Bay Day- Corpus Christi
- 26th: Bay Day- Kemah
- 23rd-26th: Groundwater to the Gulf Institute for Teachers
A big thank you to all of our past volunteers, exhibitors, and sponsors! We would not be able to put on such great events without your help.