Basic Archery Instructor (BAI)
Training, Retention, and “Grandfathering”
Training Requirements for BAI Candidates
- Candidate must be at least18 years old.
- Candidate must be trained by -- BAIT 1 or BAIT 2 level instructor
- BAI course length is 8-12 hours
- Candidate must pass the BAI practical & score at least 70%+ on written test
- BAI course cost includes training materials ($30) & course fee (if applicable)
- Graduates must complete and submit a “BAI Graduate Information Form”
- For information about available courses and instructors, contact www.archeryintheschools.org
Teach at least one BAI course every two years, complete a BAIT 1 course, or retake the BAI Course.
Annually submit an on-line report of BAI teaching activity to: www.archeryintheschools.org
Registration Requirements – (Optional)
Membership in the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) is $30/year. Updated training materials are provided with the annual membership fee. To become a NASP member contact: www.archeryintheschools.org
“Grandfathering” Existing NAA/NFAA/NASP Level I Instructors as “BAI”
- Existing “NAA/NFAA/NASP Level I” instructors may obtain the BAI training materials for $30.00/packet. Contact: www.archeryintheschools.org
- Those who agree to adhere to the new materials, methods, & procedures will be considered “Basic Archery Instructors” and may receive a BAI Certificate & Instructor’s Card upon request. Contact: www.archeryintheschools.org
- BAI retention requirements must be met.