State and National Competitions
8th Annual State Scholarship Championship
Hosted By: The Texas Archery in the Schools Program
Major rule changes from last year are written in Italics.
Bell County Exposition Center
301 West Loop 121
Belton, Texas 76513
Directions at: www.bellcountyexpo.com
Friday, February 15, 2013
- This tournament is the annual "culminating event" for schools participating in the NASP. The basic foundation of the NASP is the in-school archery unit. Therefore, schools that teach archery as part of the in-school curriculum are qualified to compete in this tournament. This tournament is not for schools or clubs that offer archery only as an after-school activity.
- This tournament is for NASP schools that have participated in the state Qualifying Tournament held prior to the state tournament and have been invited to attend the state tournament. For details about the Qualifying Tournament contact email@example.com
- Teams or Individuals will register in either the Elementary (4th-6th grade), Middle (7-8th grade), or High School (9-12th grade) Division. A student in a lower grade may shoot for a team in his or her school district that is in a higher Division but not vice versa. Schools that cannot field a team may have students compete for Individual awards.
- Schools are encouraged to bring adult volunteers to assist.
- Team: NASP archery teams must contain 16-24 students, at least 5 of which must be of the opposite gender. Team members must be determined at the time of registration. Substitutions may be made at Check In for no shows. No substitutions or changes may be made after the tournament begins.
- TASP Waiver Authorization Form (PWD-1276) (Word 40.5 KB)
- Registration is announced to the NASP schools prior to the tournament and is on-line at www.nasptournaments.org
Texas National Archery in the Schools Program Sponsors and Partners: Toyota, Texas Archery in the Schools Program, The U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation, Texas Hunter Education Instructors Association, Texas AgriLife Extension Service, Dallas Safari Club.
- A team award will be presented for the school with the most participants.
- Individual awards will be presented to the top three boys and girls in each of the three age divisions.
- 1 team trophy is awarded to each of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams in each division.
- Scholarships will be given to the top three boys and girls in the high school division. ($10,000 in scholarships was awarded in 2012 and $40,000 total to date!)
If you would like to help at the tournament, please email or call:
TPWD Archery Coordinator
111 Nagle Hall TAMU 2258
College Station, TX 77843-2258
Office: (979) 862-7341
Cell: (281) 793-5135
Fax: (979) 845-7103
The 2013 National Tournament will be in Louisville, Kentucky. First place team winners in each division at the state tournament are automatically qualified to attend the National Tournament. 1st-5th place male and female Individual winners qualify to attend and additional teams may attend with qualifying team scores. Complete National Tournament information will be available at the State Tournament.
Top of Page^