State Tournament Format
- NASP Genesis compound bow (target colors or camouflage).
- Full-length, size 1820 aluminum arrows. Arrows must be marked to prevent
- Only plastic vanes are permitted.
- No sights, tape, marks, or other modifications to the bow that may, in
the opinion of the judges, be used as a sighting aid. Any marks or tape
placed on the riser, above the grip of the bow, must be removed or the bow
will be disqualified. If a bow must be numbered or otherwise identified
by the school or shooter with tape, such markings should be on the lower
limb of the bow below the grip.
- Finger tabs, gloves, and armguards may be used.
- The use of mechanical release aids or stabilizers will not be allowed.
- The use of draw stops of any type will not be allowed.
- Targets will be 81 cm FITA face with 10 scoring rings.
- Target line will be approximately 5 feet in front of target butts.
- There will be a 10 yard shooting line.
- The waiting line will be 10 feet beyond the 10 yard shooting line.
- Spectator seats will be placed as close as possible behind the waiting
- There will be approximately 25 shooting lanes.
- Each shooting lane will have two “A” and 2 “B”
shooters assigned per shooting time (Flight).
- Two of the lane’s four shooters will be from one school and twofrom
- Each archer will shoot one practice end of five arrows at 10 yards.
- Each archer will shoot six ends of five arrows (total of 30 shots) at
- “A” shooters will shoot and retrieve an end and the “B”
shooters will shoot and retrieve.
- Time limit per end will be two minutes beginning with the one whistle
- Adults will be assigned an adjacent pair of shooting lanes to score targets.
- These adult scorers will call arrows and record the score.
- Each school will provide one adult target scorer per four student archers.
- Adult scorers will be from different schools but on the same time line.
- Arrows touching or cutting a scoring ring line will be given the higher
- Judges will inspect equipment for compliance before shooting begins.
- Judges will call disputed arrows (when called upon by adult scorers).
- Judges will assure adult scorers and archers sign the score card before
leaving the range.
- Judges will escort the archers who need to shoot bounce-outs to the appropriate
- Judges will deliver signed score cards to the scoring table at the end
of shooting times.
- All ties for First through Third place will be broken with a one arrow
shoot-off closest to the X immediately before the awards ceremony.
Back to Top