Don't Be a Slob or a Poacher!
Be Safe...Legal...and Ethical!
Ethics are a personal code which dictates how we act.
Good ethics are morally right, safe, proper and fair.
An ethical hunter is responsible, no matter who, or if, anyone
Ethical Responsibilities to Consider...
- Never lose self-control
- Always follow the 4 c's: careful, considerate, capable and courteous
- Take a hunter education course
- Know what to do in an emergency
- Get in shape before your hunt
- Establish good hunting ethics
To Other Hunters:
- Never be rude or hog shots
- Never drink alcohol or use drugs before or while hunting
- Always offer to share the work and any game meat taken
- Never display dead game in or on vehicles when traveling
- Always be courteous and be aware of how your image might affect non-hunters
- Always secure permission
- Always take care of landowner's property and equipment
- Always be considerate
To the Resource:
- Always learn as much as possible about wildlife
- Always take care of private and public lands
- Always practice or work with conservation efforts
- Understand and obey the hunting and game laws
- Report hunting violators
- Shoot within effective range