Hunters as Conservationists
- Hunters were the first conservationists in America
- Teddy Roosevelt established the first national parks, developed conservation programs and started the wildlife preserve program.
- Other early conservationists joined Roosevelt to start the Boone and Crockett Club, one of the first conservation groups in the world.
- Key Conservationists, such as Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, were hunters.
- Conservation groups flourished on the national and local level during the 1920's-30's and 40's. They were primarily composed of hunters.
- Hunters led the way in the restoration of America's wildlife.
- Hunters still lead the way in conservation
- Millions of people hunt and also contribute to the welfare of wildlife in America.
- Responsible hunters belong to wildlife groups and actively contribute time, money and effort.
- You should seek out and join a wildlife organization where you feel you can contribute the most to wildlife.