Texas Hunter Education
Thanks to hunter education, hunting is safe and getting safer! Hunter education covers the skills, regulations and responsibilities of hunting, wildlife conservation and the outdoors. Every year, over 30,000 youth and adults in Texas become certified in hunter education – a certification that lasts a lifetime and is recognized by all states and provinces requiring hunter education. Join the ranks of today's hunter education graduates who are ensuring the future of our hunting heritage!
- Who is Required to Take Hunter Education?
- Hunter/Boater Education Verification
- Replacing a Card
- Hunter Education Deferral
- How to Get Certified (choose one)
- Resources for Hunter Education Students
- Shooting Sports Opportunities (includes Archery and the Sporting Clays Mobile Range Schedule)
- How to Become a Hunter Education Instructor
- Instructor Resources (for certified instructors only)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Español Hunter Education Information
Requirements for Other States:
- Hunter Education Requirements in Other States and Canada
- Bowhunter Education Requirements in Other States
Tax dollars from the sale of shooting and hunting equipment support wildlife conservation and hunter education!