Online Study plus One-day Field Course
This course is primarily for the adult hunter who has been shooting and hunting for a number of years. Take advantage of your years of experience and knowledge to enable you to successfully complete the online homework assignment and field course activities. There are several ways to take part of your Hunter Education course online. All online study options require you to complete a one-day field course ($15) to complete your certification.
Online Study Options: (choose one)
- Our FREE TPWD online course plus $15 one-day field course = $15 total. or
- The FREE International Hunter Education Association (IHEA) online plus $15 one-day field course = $15 total. or
- The FREE SPANISH International Hunter Education Association (IHEA) online course plus $15 one-day field course = $15 total.
- Outdoor Roadmap online course. Animated, interactive with special incentives from manufacturers and retailers. Cost $13.00 plus $15 one-day field course = $28.00 total. or
- Hunter-ed.com/Texas online course. Fully narrated and interactive - the same Today's Hunter in Texas content used by TPWD. Cost: $24.50 pay when you pass plus one-day field course = $39.50 total.
- HunterCourse.com Texas online course: fully narrated, animated study guide. Cost: $24.95 pay when you pass plus $15 one-day field course = $39.95 total
Note: The following options have an additional fee associated with each course.
To gain entry into the One-day Field Course, you will be required to bring your quiz results from the TPWD or IHEA course, the Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate from OutdoorRoadmap.com, or Hunter-ed/Texas, or the Field Day Voucher from HunterCourse.com. No matter which option you choose, you must still attend the One-day Field Course testing ($15) to receive your final certification.
One-day Field Course
Taken after completing an online course, the required One-Day Field Course includes a skills trail, live firing exercise, ethics presentation, review and final exam. The field course is done in one day. You must pre-register for this course with the instructor. Schedule of Field Courses
Upon arrival at the test site:
- Show your quiz results from the TPWD or IHEA course or the Field Day Qualifier Exam Certificate from the Today's Hunter in Texas online course to the instructor.
- Fill out a student registration form.
- Pay the $15 state fee to the instructor.
- Complete a hunter skills trail and a live firing exercise. (Active military exempt from live fire exercises only)
- Attend a minimum one-hour presentation on ethics, responsibility and game laws.
- After all field and live fire exercises are completed, review material.
- Take the written exam and get at least 80% correct to pass.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a temporary card. Your instructor will send in the originals for processing. You may legally hunt with a valid license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent card will be mailed out within a short period of time.
More questions? Check our FAQ page.