The Texas State Bison Herd resides in Caprock Canyons State Park. In the wild, bison eat large amounts of plants - averaging 24 pounds of plant material a day. At Caprock, the Herd must rely on people to help feed them. They are fed a cubed feed, hay, and a "block" with salt and essential minerals. The bison also eat grass, forbs (weeds), and browse (woody)
1. How many round bales are needed for this month? ________
2. How many pounds of cubes does one bison eat in two weeks? ________
3. How much water does the entire herd drink in one day? ________
4. How many gallons of water does one bison need for a week? ________
5. How many pounds of cubes will be needed to feed the herd for one week? _____
6. One water trough holds about 80 gallons of water. If it fills up only once, how many bison can drink out of the trough in one day?