How to make a Plant Press
- a large piece of cardboard
- four thick rubber bands
- sheets of old newspaper
- flowers and leaves
Making the Plant Press:
- Cut the cardboard into four 4" x 4" squares.
- Cut the newspaper into twelve 4" x 4" squares.
- Place four sheets of newspaper in between each cardboard piece.
- Place the four rubber bands around the outside of the cardboard, so that the contents are secure and tight.
Pressing the plants:
- Gather the flowers and leaves that you would like to press.
- Cut the plants so that they are no bigger than 4" x 4".
- Separate the sheets of newspaper and
neatly place the plant in between four sheets of paper (2 Sheets on
top, 2 on the bottom). Spread out the flower petals and leaves.
F.Y.I.: Newspaper absorbs excess paint moisture.
- Place the newspaper between two pieces of cardboard.
- Repeat this process until the plant press is full.
- Secure the press with rubber bands. The tighter the press, the better.
- Place the press in a dry place and do not open for at least 48 hours. (More time would be better).
- After 48 hours, you may remove the plants and mount them on paper using glue or tape.