South Texas Activities - Teachers and Parents Page
- Thicket Game Grade 4 Science: Students play hide-and-seek as ocelots as they learn about adaptations and habitat.
- Green Jay Color by Number K-2: Students color by number, create a "palm forest."
- Horned Lizard Art K-2: Students create a Horned Lizard using torn paper.
- The Ocelot and Its Habitat Classroom Activities(PDF 416 KB) Several activities including a more detailed version of the Thicket Game, "Shrinking Habitat," math activities, word find and background information. Emphasizes the challenges to rare species.
Field Trip Destinations:
Student Pages for South Texas:
Big Kids: (Upper Elementary)
Little Kids: (K - 2)
- Fun Activities for South Texas (Student version)
- Color South Texas Animals Simple coloring pages of animals found in South Texas. These are web pages. Choose "Print Friendly" at the top for best results when printing.
More Student Pages About Texas
- Other Texas Regions
- Coloring, activity books and Learn About Texas books Download full versions here for classroom and personal use. (pdf)
- Texas Symbols
- Color Texas Animals Larger list of coloring pages of Texas animals. These are web pages. Choose "Print Friendly" at the top for best results when printing.
- Outdoor Kids Template for a student journal, activity ideas for nature and history study as well as recreation opportunities.